BTCC LETS ALL READ BETWEEN THE LINES !!!!!!!

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #18592 by PSXCAR
Hi all,
well MG is still a possible BTCC entrant but 'NOT CONCRETE' read between the lines and have a guess............... :S
but 2015 looks like a good fight again lets hope MG are there to see it..............anyway read it for yourselves............... :blink:
www.touringcartimes.com/2014/10/13/ian-h...s-for-a-2015-return/
More mud to the water...........this from JP on Monday !!!!! now anyone's guess!!!
www.touringcartimes.com/2014/10/13/jason...ons-for-2015-season/
roy
PSXCAR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #18593 by djkeeling
My take on this is and I will keep it short
Plato wants to win in any car and doesn't care what car that is,
Mg are waiting for the decision from the Chinese,
888 have a great car that works and don't want to start again on another platform
Will it all come together who knows apart from those on the inside.

Oh and I could be completely wrong too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hainsie

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #18602 by Blue Charger
The way I read it is that it is all up in the air at the moment from all parties including MG, Toca, 888 and Plato. MG have not yet committed to another season. Although the 6 is not yet a commercial success, my own personal view is that it would be commercial suicide if they pulled out of BTCC. How many manufacturers would seriously consider pulling the plug on a championship winning team? MG won the BTCC title period! Plato didn't but he is not MG! Toca have not released any info penalising the advantage of the rear wheel drive standing starts, which means Plato is also undecided and if no change he will not return in a FWD. I think if MG say yes to next year then 888 will continue, with or without Plato, so basically the MG BTCC future hinges on MG. Fingers crossed they carry on and I hope Plato sticks with it.
On another front, I was watching the replay of race one from the weekend and it struck me that the MG6 fastback is by far the best looking touring car! They really do look cool and stand out from the rest.
I also cannot understand why the class of cars seems so unevenly matched. Why have we got super minis racing medium/large saloons? Surely BMW should be racing the 3 series and Honda the Accord? The little one series and Civic must surely have a size advantage?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hainsie

5 years 1 month ago #18627 by Hainsie
Time will tell B)

MG Motor will review and await a budget from China, if its forthcoming, which I will be surprised if it isnt!

Regs need sorting

MG6's will be racing next year as they are the best FWD package at present

Quantel own their car and will be on the grid

Drivers? who knows, its all about the best package they can get with their sponsorship deals.

888? Who knows? depends on regs, best driver package and sponsorship

We'll know by March.......

5 years 1 month ago #18657 by Blue Charger
Just another thought. The Chinese seem to love anything British. I'm sure that BTCC is/should be a great marketing excercise for the Roewe 550 in China, so this alone is reason enough for them to continue. Fingers crossed! :)

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19430 by IainS
MG AND 888 will be back for the BTCC next three years Sounds like new drivers and new sponsors, we will just have to wait and see who they are.

This is good news
The following user(s) said Thank You: david5000, Blue Charger

4 years 11 months ago #19431 by Alan_G
So I see, that's good news. I think Turkington could be there.... Sam has already confirmed with WSR. Jason I thought was going to WSR but doubt him and Sam would team up again, with Sam getting annoyed being a 2nd driver to him.

4 years 11 months ago #19433 by MG Dug
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Charger

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19434 by Blue Charger
This is great news! It has made ownership of a rare car even more enjoyable for next year! ;) It's great knowing that you are driving a car that is linked with regular wins in BTCC :cheer: If Plato isn't with MG next year, I'm sure they'll have another top driver eager to take his place and that of Tordoff ;) I wonder if Turkington will do a deal! He's talking to other teams and not re-joining WSR!
Good also to know that MG is the fastest growing car seller in the UK!

4 years 11 months ago #19439 by Hainsie
Great news that MG / 888 are in next year. Unfinished business on the development front there.

As for drivers, hopefully Turkington, but who knows!

Exciting times ahead......

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.