BTCC RUNNERS AND RIDERS.........?

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19746 by PSXCAR
BTCC RUNNERS AND RIDERS.........? was created by PSXCAR
If this list is to be believed (and they have been mostly right before) where does this leave Plato?
www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/btcc-2015-confirmed-entries-rumours/

it seems to me someone will loose their ride or maybe a third car, BMW now needs a third driver (Collard, Foster not resigned) and Turkingson not yet settled and needs a seat, as he has not as yet commented to BMW.
My guess, as it has been for some time is ' Infinity support our paras ' with their Q50's, (my problem with them is who is funding the team?? Infinity are not going to give full financing backing and SOP.org. are a charity and has to watch the budget even harder, so does this mean Tesco is nailed on as the trump card, along with Mr. Plato.) I know they have put on record the driver line up but it would seem a perfect fit for Plato at this time and Tesco ( his main sponsor ) would love the publicity this team would give them, along with plenty of sponsor cash.
the problem may be branding with all three 'big' names ( Tesco. Infinity and paras ) vying for the same piece of vehicle for maximum effect , but would, I think, suit Plato's ego, new team, being top dog, the lure of a prestige marque with Infinity and ofcourse, in Plato's case, all that publicity. Nothing against him, I genuinely like him, and he has served MG very well, but as he said himself 'motorsport is his lively hood, and he has to treat it as a business like any other'.
But if not there where? ............WTCC or endurance racing?, GT or even the Le Mans series
What do you think......................................
Roy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19754 by Blue Charger
Tbh Roy I'm quietly excited that Turkington may sign on the Triple Eight dotted line :cheer: What an awesome team that would make and more hope than ever of winning the drivers championship. Something will happen in the next week or so I'm sure! Turkington needs to get a seat soon and MG is not new to him ;) Fingers crossed.

4 years 10 months ago #19764 by djkeeling
I suppose there's still a slim chance it could be Plato but my guess is turkington.

4 years 10 months ago #19766 by Blue Charger

djkeeling wrote: I suppose there's still a slim chance it could be Plato but my guess is turkington.

And I reckon he has a point to prove with the fwd rwd advantage saga that he had to endure!

4 years 10 months ago #19773 by PSXCAR
Replied by PSXCAR on topic BTCC RUNNERS AND RIDERS.........?

Blue Charger wrote: Tbh Roy I'm quietly excited that Turkington may sign on the Triple Eight dotted line :cheer: What an awesome team that would make and more hope than ever of winning the drivers championship. Something will happen in the next week or so I'm sure! Turkington needs to get a seat soon and MG is not new to him ;) Fingers crossed.

Great call, that is a possibility.
Roy

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19774 by PSXCAR
Just a quick heads up Motors TV are showing the Autosport show ( haven't seen it advertised else where yet)
2 shows of the interviews and also a show guide. See channel for the start times about 3 hours worth !!!!!!!!!!
Roy

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19776 by IainS

PSXCAR wrote: Just a quick heads up Motors TV are showing the Autosport show ( haven't seen it advertised else where yet)
2 shows of the interviews and also a show guide. See channel for the start times about 3 hours worth !!!!!!!!!!
Roy

Eurosport International Show = tonight (wed) 17.38 - 21.00 Motors TV.freeview.

4 years 10 months ago #19780 by PSXCAR
cor !!!!!!!! what a bore that was, was it me or was it filmed with an iphone? very poor quality as well as content.
lets hope part 2 and the review of the show are better.
roy

4 years 10 months ago #19783 by Blue Charger

PSXCAR wrote: cor !!!!!!!! what a bore that was, was it me or was it filmed with an iphone? very poor quality as well as content.
roy

Too right! I was expecting close up pics of the MG6 racer :whistle: All we got was interview after interview with unknowns! I ended up watching at x30 to get it over with! :huh:

4 years 10 months ago #19785 by IainS

Blue Charger wrote:

PSXCAR wrote: cor !!!!!!!! what a bore that was, was it me or was it filmed with an iphone? very poor quality as well as content.
roy

Too right! I was expecting close up pics of the MG6 racer :whistle: All we got was interview after interview with unknowns! I ended up watching at x30 to get it over with! :huh:

Totally agree with both of you. An 'advanced' version of the preamble before those electric racing cars actually start going round the track only worse. I just switched it off.

4 years 10 months ago #19787 by PSXCAR
Part 2 was no better, even the 7 minute BTCC segment was a complete disaster, with all four just acting like kids, no wonder Plato gave it a wide birth, I too ran the show at x30. Andy Priaulx looked bemused and lost didn't seem to know what's going on with the team, seemed to me that he was told by BMW this was his only choice of championship left !!!!!!!, ( no WTCC,DTM, V8 Supercars, Endurance or even GT available to him. one last chance tonight with the short event show, but don't hold your breath ...................... :evil:
Roy

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.