WRC Rally

3 years 1 month ago #24288 by Rob W
WRC Rally was created by Rob W
Anyone going? First time for me for ages. Used to follow it all over England, Scotland and Wales, between 1980 and 1993 or whatever year it was when it stopped being a real rally and became the Rally of South Wales. Doing Saturday's 2 Dyfi stages, then sneaking into Service Halts if that still can be done or Cholmondley, then Clocaenog on Sunday. Had lost all interest but looking forward now. Still not the same as the Kielder stages, Grizedale, Comb, Dalby, Castle O'er, Twiglees etc which following it round was gruelling for us mere spectators, let alone the drivers. I wonder if mine will be the only '6' in the forests

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #24365 by Rob W
Replied by Rob W on topic WRC Rally
I know I'm talking to myself, but here goes... The '6' behaved impeccably. Never missed a beat whether it was the motorway, windy country roads, and plenty of not very tyre friendly forest tracks. Slept comfortably, one in the back, one in the front, on two nights, and that's after me having an MRI Scan on the Friday with the most excruciating sciatica pains imagineable. She gained some admiring looks from fellow speccies, I dare say some incredulous looks as well. One bloke came up to me for a chat.
Only bad behaviour from the '6' was when still at 40 or so, went through a 30 zone, immediately flashed by a camera. I think she was a bit giddy going on her first Rally.
And we weren't the only '6'. Spotted another parked nearby ours in the Cholmondley Castle car park. Silver as well like mine. Well done the '6'. You did us proud

3 years 1 month ago #24367 by djkeeling
Replied by djkeeling on topic WRC Rally
You are not talking to yourself we are reading your posts.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.