Sign In   Register

Recommended garages

3 years 6 months ago #25392 by Franakapan_Dan
Hi

I'm sorry if I have missed a post about this previously but I was just wondering of any garages people would recommend?

Particularly in the North West where I am based.

Now I have an MG 6 and knowing there not as common as other cars I don't want to go to any old garage that will do anything shoddy

Ideally somewhere that does services as well as other stuff, be it an independent garage or a main dealer garage what are the recommendations

(feel free to post any from any area of the country, I'm sure it may be useful for others at some point?)

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #25397 by davidj
Replied by davidj on topic Recommended garages
I use Maple Garage near Hull for my MG6, I purchased it from MG Bradford but they closed shortly afterwards. Maple Garage carried out the LPG conversion some 80k miles ago and have serviced the car from new. Had great service from them although they are not "cheap", and has been worth the journey. I expect to continue using them for my entire ownership of this car, it is almost 100k now and driving great. They are only a few miles from the East Coast so I try to make a day of it.

For my MG3 I use Grant & McAllin in Sheffield, I bought the MG3 direct from Longbridge. My local Dealer, Eric Stead, have done nothing to convince me to use them. Eric Steads refused to work on my MG6 due to the LPG system (even though the work wasn't engine related), failed to put together a reasonable deal on a MG3 (I bought an identical one from Longbridge the following day) and didn't show any interest in selling me a GS following a test drive. Plus the service cost for the MG3 was quoted at twice what Grant & McAllin charge! I really don't think they want to do any business with me.

Guess you have to be prepared to shop around to find one you are happy with, I know many people like Eric Steads but they are cold to me!

www.mg6register.co.uk - The most popular forum for MG6 owners, and home to the official MG6 forum of the MGCC.

3 years 6 months ago #25399 by Franakapan_Dan
Replied by Franakapan_Dan on topic Recommended garages
Thanks David

I'll shop around but will keep Maple in mind when it comes to service the car, always a bonus to spend the day at the coast too =)

3 years 5 months ago #25409 by Richard_jn
Replied by Richard_jn on topic Recommended garages
I use Chorley group who have a few branches, one being Burnley which is my nearest. They are a Nissan and MG main dealer and I’ve got a service plan with them for mine. I checked before hand that for servicing they are an authorised dealer and will get the MG motor stamp in the service book from each service.

Only recently got the car so not been for a service yet, although I took it for a headlight bulb over Christmas as I didn’t fancy removing the bumper myself. Had to book it for an hours labour which cost me £100 just for a headlight bulb. So....NOT CHEAP...however it’s piece of mind that I know it’s somewhere where they know what they are doing with the car with them being uncommon, and like I said I pay monthly for service plan so I’ve no sudden costs there. Overall I’m happy enough using them.

3 years 5 months ago #25417 by davidj
Replied by davidj on topic Recommended garages
Removing the bumper for a headlight bulb swap is easy Richard, don't pay that again. It is easier with help to lift it clear but doable on your own. Better to swap both low beam whilst it is off. I fitted bulbs with a 4 year lifetime guarantee last time, so here is hoping!

Plenty of people manage to swap bulbs without bumper removal, I can do the offside but it frustrates me more than the bumper off/on option. Cant do my nearside though as I have an LPG ecu in the way.

www.mg6register.co.uk - The most popular forum for MG6 owners, and home to the official MG6 forum of the MGCC.

3 years 3 months ago #25696 by Richard_jn
Replied by Richard_jn on topic Recommended garages
Well I couldn’t even get my hands anywhere near the bulb offside either to start pulling it out.

I wouldn’t pay that again anyway. My local garage would do it for £20 but the issue there was they were shut over Xmas. Only main dealer was open.

The main point here though is you shouldn’t have all this messing about for a bulb seeing as your meant to be able to do one at the side of the road. Not just the MG 6. A lot of new cars are the same.

3 years 3 months ago #25711 by KevandAnna
Replied by KevandAnna on topic Recommended garages
Try John Wood's Motorcare, they used to be around Chester but have recently moved to 11 Queens Lane, Bromfield Industrial Estate, Mold, CH7 1JR.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2021 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.