Sign In   Register

Car Alarm issue?

4 months 4 weeks ago #26920 by Dom99
Car Alarm issue? was created by Dom99
Hi all hope some one can help I’ve bought a used MG6 last year and it’s been fine till recently, then the car battery died. I got the new battery installed it where I noticed the car bonnet catch was rather lose and frail. It worked and opened my bonnet so I changed the battery over, thinking nothing off it. Now when I go to get in the car the and start the engine the alarm sounds I’ve made sure  the boot,  doors, and windows  are shut  but it keeps going off. 

My thinking is is there a bonnet sensor that is related to the bonnet catch which keeps tripping the alarm? I’m rather confused and have got it booked in for a Diagnostics check hopefully that will uncover the problem but could anyone shed any light on it. This would be very helpful as by the way the key fob works fine as before? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago #26921 by brione
Replied by brione on topic Car Alarm issue?
Hi Dom99 
I don't think the catch is the problem? I had a similar issue. The alarm sounder situated behind the rear bumper passenger side has its own internal rechargeable battery. As this starts to fail I had it go off when unlocking the car or sometimes starting car. To fix the problem I removed sounder opened it resoldered new battery's in place and this solved the problem. There are other threads on this in the forum.

I purchased the battery's from eBay, it takes 2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Brione
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dom99

4 months 3 weeks ago #26922 by Dom99
Replied by Dom99 on topic Car Alarm issue?
Got it sorted at last you were correct!  it’s the alarm siren behind the bumper, the circuit board is getting mixed messages and has totally fried over the winter with water damage  so I’m getting a new alarm siren complete and my mechanic will fit it he’s says that’s no problem but its a bumper off job and there’s a tamper proof bolts on apparently it’s a big job to get to it .Its costing enough but will we well worth it. 

4 months 3 weeks ago #26923 by brione
Replied by brione on topic Car Alarm issue?
That's good, it's not that big a job though. You can get away with only releasing half the bumper. As for the security nut I removed it with a pair of grips. It only took me 30 mins to remove and replace.

Hope it all goes well.

Cheers

Brione

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2020 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.