Radio unit issues

5 months 2 weeks ago #26124 by wannieb
Radio unit issues was created by wannieb
I bought a MG3 back in June this year and it has had constant issues with the radio unit since day 1. FG Barnes where I got it from have been useless as it has been in to them 4 times. It started with the unit popping and just cutting out, resetting everything (time, date, presets). Went in to them and it sort of stopped doing that, but instead the following issues cropped up: DAB presets changing themselves; FM channels seeking for reception even though reception of channel really strong (and when reception bad channel not seeking); sound level/equaliser changes after a call is taken. The resetting has now returned too after the last time it went back into FG Barnes.

FG Barnes gave up completely on sorting it out and told me I would have to go to MG Motors direct which I have done and have arranged with them and another dealer in area to look at it.

Wondered if anyone else had similar issues.

I have been told that it is the radio station that send out pulse that cause radio unit to reset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago #26617 by Martyn
Replied by Martyn on topic Radio unit issues
Hi , could you advise on what actual fix may have been required? The use of a different radio station seems odd? 

11 hours 24 minutes ago #26650 by wannieb
Replied by wannieb on topic Radio unit issues
They were absolutely useless and did not have a fix. Would never by another MG after I get rid of this one

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.