MG6 bigger intercooler

2 years 11 months ago #24068 by Smokey
Replied by Smokey on topic MG6 bigger intercooler
I got the link for the wings so thanks. Obviously they are slightly different to the ones pictured but will be looking at getting one of the sets. Are you getting yours custom made to exactly match the one in the above photo?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #24072 by Roewe
Replied by Roewe on topic MG6 bigger intercooler

Smokey wrote: I got the link for the wings so thanks. Obviously they are slightly different to the ones pictured but will be looking at getting one of the sets. Are you getting yours custom made to exactly match the one in the above photo?

Yes, I had mine made exactly the same as the pic, hopefully I can have them on my car this weekend if time permits. As for yours, did you try the 3rd party website I suggested? They might be able to deliver it to the U.K for you, it's their business model to deliver worldwide.

2 years 11 months ago #24073 by Smokey
Replied by Smokey on topic MG6 bigger intercooler
I've spoken to a guy who gets parts brought over from China anyway so hope he can assist. How did you get them custom made and is there scope for a second copy?

2 years 11 months ago #24077 by Roewe

Smokey wrote: I've spoken to a guy who gets parts brought over from China anyway so hope he can assist. How did you get them custom made and is there scope for a second copy?

The shop that sells them make them for the MG6 and Roewe. They have stencils or whatever you call those things for the cars. There is one thing that might put you off though, it's made of fibre glass, I thought it was made of metal anyway I'm still going ahead with it. My car is in the shop now and hopefully it will be ready by Saturday. I will take a few pics for you to see if you're still interested in going ahead with your plans. I have a lot of fibre glass on the car now, bonnet, fender, rear/front bumper.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #24078 by Snoozy
Replied by Snoozy on topic MG6 bigger intercooler
I wonder how all this fibre glass affects the crash safety of car? (I was in a bad car crash 10 years ago in a Daewoo Nubira - the medics said the car saved me, so I'm quite wary of crash safety) (ford transit van on mobile phone on dual carriageway)

My MG6 mk2 has heavy build quality - the doors seem heavier and thicker than my previous 2007 BMW 3 series.
Its a mystery how the car only gets 4 stars in NCAP (well that was mg6 mk1) with such apparent thick metal (even my neighbours who own a Volvo remarked on thickness of car doors)

2 years 11 months ago #24079 by Roewe
I think the bumpers on new cars these days are all plastic so having fiber glass won't make a difference, as for the fender you will be amazed to how small it is when you take it off so I don't think a small piece of metal can save my life. My only worry is my bonnet it's really light compare to the old one, I guess having a heavier one would be better to absorb impact.

2 years 11 months ago #24103 by Roewe
I just got the car back after 4 days with the MG6 fender fitted, they had problems painting it with local Chinese paint so they used the imported ones. Here's a pic of the fender.

Attachments:

2 years 6 months ago #24597 by Roewe
Back for winter testing unfortunately the car was out of tune, will try again in a few weeks time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LozMachine

2 years 6 months ago #24598 by LozMachine
Replied by LozMachine on topic MG6 bigger intercooler
Out of tune ? I can settle for that .. Love it!

2 years 6 months ago #24599 by Roewe
It was sputtering on high revs, everything is closing here for the holiday, will have to wait for them to reopen in a few weeks time to get it right.

2 years 6 months ago #24607 by Roewe
I was getting my car serviced today and had a little walk into the showroom where MG and Roewe shared the same area. A new Roewe RX5 SUV was on show and the dash looked pretty hi-tech. I don't know why MG UK doesn't import the Roewes, same company same factory. Like my Roewe 550 is also known as MG 550 in some countries.

Attachments:

6 months 3 weeks ago #26555 by Roewe
I’ve been away waiting for parts to be custom made in different countries. I’ve decided to go all out with this one of a kind engine project. I have managed to get a bigger intercooler, a bigger aluminium radiator, a bigger gtx28r turbo and forged pistons/rods and added 2 WRX STI injectors.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.