Ball joint and Wiper motor

2 years 9 months ago #24299 by cavematt
Hi all :)

My 6 had its service today, and unfortunately was a list of things wrong. Amongst this is the washer wiper motor (which I knew anyway), Im not going to get much change out of £150 from MG for that, does anyone know if the rover 75 one is compatible? as it sure looks similar, or indeed a cheap place to get a 6 one.

Another thing - Ball joints - There are many on ebay that claim to fit the MG6 diesel, but I have the petrol, does anyone know if it is the same design?

Cheers :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #24301 by Roewe
Replied by Roewe on topic Ball joint and Wiper motor
that's way too much for a wiper motor, they should be around 30-40.

2 years 9 months ago #24302 by cavematt
Replied by cavematt on topic Ball joint and Wiper motor
I know, but thats how much MG want, and I am struggling to find an alternative supplier!

2 years 9 months ago #24303 by LozMachine
Finding out the part number would be a good start, and by that i mean the actual manufacturers number and not the MG one.

2 years 9 months ago #24304 by nellie mg6
Why has the wiper motor failed ?, full of water ?.There are breakers on e-bay with lots of MG6 parts, one in Birmingham has the complete car for breaking. As for the balljoint that should be easily sourced from a decent motor factor. How many miles has the car done to need a balljoint.
Regards Nellie

2 years 9 months ago #24314 by Roewe
My wiper motor died on me once while driving on the highway in heavy rain. I managed to crawl to a service station 5km later. The mechanic made a call and a new genuine wiper motor with the arm mechanism arrived in one hour. I was charged to the equivalent of 50 pounds fitted. So 150 seems high. He opened the old one and the sprockets or cogs or whatever were all chewed up so it couldn't spin.

2 years 9 months ago #24317 by littlechicken
Iirc the wiper motor is a common item made by Valeo

www.mg6register.co.uk - The most popular forum for MG6 3 5 owners.

2 years 9 months ago #24318 by nellie mg6
It may be a common Valeo item, but trying to find one aint easy to fit the Mg6, I have had a look, even tho I don't need one :(

2 years 9 months ago #24323 by Roewe
If you want endless parts either for your MG3 or 6, here's an example of what you can do. You will probably need a vpn to use one of the sites not sure if it will work in the UK. First go to taobao.com (VPN needed), use google translate to look for what you want then copy and paste to taobao, you will see a whole bunch of parts and just choose one that you like. Then go to yoybuy.com copy the link from your taobao site of the parts that you want and you will see the total cost in English. Yoybuy.com is usually for international buyers of taobao. Try copying this link into yoybuy.com item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14....=1&abbucket=1#detail

2 years 9 months ago #24325 by Roewe
Also try copying this one into yoybuy.com. I've never used them before only just heard about them.
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14....=1&abbucket=1#detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxinvan

2 years 9 months ago #24349 by cavematt
Replied by cavematt on topic Ball joint and Wiper motor
Cannot buy wiper motor from taobao as it's for lhd models which is a mirror reflection of ours. Took the mechanism away and the part number is on there with the valeo label, but nowhere recognises the part number when I phone.

Breakers? I rang the one on eBay and he wanted £115 which is only 12 less than a new one, and yes, I tried to haggle but he wouldn't budge.

Mg is the only choice for this I think :/

2 years 9 months ago #24350 by Roewe

cavematt wrote: Cannot buy wiper motor from taobao as it's for lhd models which is a mirror reflection of ours. :/

Oops sorry, forgotten all about that. doh :pinch:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.