MG6 wiper motor in slow motion, almost stopping.

3 years 7 months ago #24456 by DWD
Hi,
Has anyone experienced the wiper going slow and almost stopping in all speeds, and how can this be fixed.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #24458 by KevandAnna
Sorry no, but try calling David Clark at the MG Sales Centre, he looks after "Aftersales" and should be able to help you.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #24459 by djkeeling
The wiper motor is in the scuttle area at the back of the engine, there is a drain at the bottom that gets blocked and then fills with water and gets to the motor, check this out as it has happened to a few owners.

3 years 7 months ago #24461 by DWD
Hi,
Thanks, I will give that a look in the morning and I will come back to you.
Regards Derek

3 years 7 months ago #24462 by DWD

3 years 7 months ago #24482 by Roewe
I've had this problem for 3 years and I'm not too bothered by it :)

3 years 7 months ago #24484 by DWD
Thanks, unfortunately I live in the North East where I need my wipers. :(

3 years 6 months ago #24490 by Roewe
Sorry I meant my intermittent wipers haven't worked properly for 3 years, I'm not sure what the problem seems to be. I've had the wiper motor replaced, it must be the column thing I guess.

2 weeks 2 days ago #26914 by COASTLOVER
I bought a 2014  MG6 model in February 2020. After a few months the wipers started going slow and then stuck. They only work now on fast speed or one quick wipe. Normal speed and intermittent wipe nothing. I had the scuttle emptied as it was full of water and everything checked over at my local garage. For a while everything seemed fine and then it suddenly started again. Seems it doesn't like the wet ! Has anyone else managed to solve this mystery as I am reluctant to have the motor replaced if that does not solve it. Other than that very pleased with how the car drives and handles a good second hand buy so far.

1 week 23 hours ago #26915 by Loudlion
Just created an account to answer your query. Since March my wiper motor has sounded pretty bad and had the exact same problems you listed. I emptied the scuttle last weekend, the motor was still noisy and I didn't have the normal and quick wipe. It slowed down and seized on Tuesday (presumable in the hot weather and the lack of water to lubricate it ;-) ). After the replacement, - its great. Out of curiosity I took the back plate off of the wiper motor gearbox (attached) - it looks pretty bad. You can see the electrical pins have corroded amongst other things. I'd get it replaced before it stops all together :-)
Attachments:

1 week 23 hours ago #26916 by COASTLOVER
Thanks for your reply . I will pass the information on to my garage as I only do basic stuff. I don't have the tools or know how to do much myself.

1 week 23 hours ago #26917 by Loudlion
No worries. If your garage is not an MG one, they may have difficulty getting the part. I ordered mine from these guys:  www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30052289-MG-6-Front-W...2:g:PUUAAOSwxkpeEvek - they are an MG garage. Think the price wasn't too bad (should give you a ballpark for the part I reckon), may be slightly cheaper straight from an MG garage instead of via eBay, but I didn't want to wait too long to sort it as they had stopped completely. 

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2020 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.