Sign In   Register

MG6 mk1 TSE model Stereo Wiring

3 years 10 months ago #25094 by Smokey
Hi everyone,
I have an idea formulating for my mk1 TSE magnette. What I need, before I start throwing money at it, is the very specific wiring diagrams/information for the current stereo.
I know there are only a couple of plugs at the back but I'm interested to know the individual wires used for all the info displayed on the screen and also how the screen is wired itself.
Things like the rear camera, temp/compass info etc too.
I'm hoping that the majority is fed in to the head unit and that is just video fed to the screen but suspect that the camera will be a separate entity and thus would like the wiring info for that too.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #25095 by maestroman
I think this will help!

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smokey

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #25100 by Smokey
Well that's certainly going to help a great deal.
My overall plan is to get a hold of one of the LCD screens from the chinese aftermarket stereos which allows multiple inputs:
Then, keeping the original stereo but modifying the wiring for the original LCD and rear camera so it can be connected to the aftermarket LCD screen.
From there, I plan to install a raspberry Pi and have a much better sat nav installed, along with bluetooth music, dab radio, internet, video, etc but running through the standard stereo audio input (aux)
Then I can have a switch somewhere to flick between sources without any power on/off delays and can seamlessly go between them.
This would also prevent the need to rip out the old system and lose any of the functionality of the TSE model.

Here is an example LCD panel I'd like to get and fit (preferably without buying the entire system!)
Attachments:

1 month 1 day ago #27083 by Figjamuk
Hi ll, I know this is quite an old thread. I'm looking to fit an aftermarket head unit in my 6. I have looked at the attached PDF but can't figure it out. Is anyone able to help? I have the attached image and have worked out that the right hand side (I think) is the speakers and the part I have marked off in red deals with power. I'm jst not sure which pins do what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2021 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.