Electrical problems MG6 2014

11 months 3 weeks ago #25688 by crav1992
Hi!

New to this forum so be gentle with me!
I picked up my car in a private sale yesterday and he had already told me about the problems, but it was cheap enough so I thought what the hell. Anyway I wondered if anyone on here could help me with them.

1. Sat nav is saying that there are no satellites available and the SD card is not recognised. Looked and it is the 2011 map sd card...
2. Cruise control just comes up with an error message and will not operate.
3. Can someone clear up whether I should be able to play music via Bluetooth or not? I have a feeling it's a not but if it is a yes then I must be being a bit of an idiot...

Any help would be much appreciated! Called an MG dealer today and they advised that I book it in for an ECU reset, but experience tells me that actually that doesn't usually do anything and just costs money!!!

Cheers,
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #25689 by maestroman
Bluetooth is just the phone, not music.
Cruise control issues are varied. Others might be able to help. Some cars had damaged steering wheel ribbon cables.
Sat Nav, most have the 2011 card. There was one update, but its £160 so many considered it is not worht it. Quite why an exisitng card would stop working is beyond me. They do have to be registered, so you could try looking into this.

11 months 3 weeks ago #25690 by crav1992
Thanks for the help!
So is it right then that assuming it is registered, there's not much I can do apart from the update? As in we think that for some reason after the update the old cards stopped working?

11 months 3 weeks ago #25691 by roversean
Good luck with the cruise control problem as I have had a steering wheel ribbon replaced and the rotary coupler replaced and my cruise control is still not working properly and MG have not got any ideas as to what it could be. So have learned to live with a cruise control that drops out at random with no prior warning

11 months 3 weeks ago #25692 by crav1992
So all the toys I thought it was coming with actually don't work haha! My cruise control doesn't even turn on

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #25693 by roversean
Know your pain mate . I don't bother with the sat nav any more as it is 4 years out of date it is easier and quicker to use our Garmin and it is allways up to date with the free updates

3 weeks 1 day ago #26593 by aminrouhani
hi all
My vehicle is MG6 2014 and yesterday have a problem with steering wheel. in fact, the keys of steering wheel doesn't work such as Cruise control, mute, volume up and down and etc.
Any body know where the problem is?

thanks.

3 weeks 1 day ago #26595 by roversean
May need new ribbon cables

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.