Growling/Noise from engine bay on startup

3 months 2 weeks ago #26223 by Andy P
Hi,
I purchased my 2014 MG6 18 months ago and was fine for the first 6 months (Warranty was for 6 months). On 3 separate occasions i've gone to start the car but instead had a growling/loud noise from the engine bay. The engine, as far as i can tell, starts but there is no power. The first time it happened i instantly turned the engine off and it restarted fine. (We actually thought an animal had been in the engine and was now caught in the belts but there wasn't). Since then it has happened a couple more times. Yesterday, it happened again and I pressed the accelerator pedal and there was a short pause and the engine resumed normal idling.

Any ideas before expensive testing??

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 4 days ago #26560 by Munro
Hi is your car a diesel or petrol as I had that problem resent and it was the dual mass flywheel starting to fail on my diesel version.Does it make any noises when pressing the clutch as mine started doing this hope this helps. Donald

2 weeks 3 days ago #26561 by brione
I had a similar problem after I had my dual mass flywheel and clutch replaced, it turned out to be the starter motor was full of dust from the old clutch and flywheel, on a couple of occasion's car would not even turn over. Garage cleaned out the motor and all has been good since, maybe worth a check?

Cheers 

Brione

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.