MG6 Emergency key

6 months 3 days ago #26545 by Bill
MG6 Emergency key was created by Bill
MG6 Emergency key.
The useless plastic emergency key, which can break when using, can easily be replaced by cutting a replacement one made from metal.
The Blade required for this is a VW HU66
Modification of the base of the plastic key case holding the blade just requires trimming down to accept the door key surrounding.
Well worth the investment in case the battery runs flat and you can only gain access with the emergency key.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 day ago #26579 by Mr Murtel
Replied by Mr Murtel on topic MG6 Emergency key
That's good to know. Do you or anyone else know if the key number can be found anywhere? I have no emergency key and according to one MG dealer I tried, MG didn't make any records for the emergency key.

5 months 3 hours ago #26581 by davidj
Replied by davidj on topic MG6 Emergency key
There should be an emergency key inside each of your fobs, just slide the tops off, or do you mean they have been removed & lost? 

www.mg6register.co.uk - The most popular forum for MG6 owners, and home to the official MG6 forum of the MGCC.

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #26586 by Roewe
Replied by Roewe on topic MG6 Emergency key
I don’t know if your key fob thing is similar to mine but my spare is also made of cheap plastic and it broke so I had one made up on a blank VW key :)
Attachments:

3 months 3 weeks ago #26659 by Mr Murtel
Replied by Mr Murtel on topic MG6 Emergency key
We only got the one fob so will be getting another at the cost of about £150. There is nothing inside. So I'm guessing lost or broken. I can a new cylinder and keys for around £20 so I'm wondering if that's the easiest option.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.