MG 6 alarm

3 months 1 week ago #26578 by Franakapan_Dan
MG 6 alarm was created by Franakapan_Dan
Hi all. 
I have a question about the alarm for the MG 6. I have had the issue others have mentioned on here where it will randomly go off, I ended up removing it before putting it back on recently.

I am debating getting a new alarm but the issue I have is the one that's faulty isn't really very loud. After having the car broken into recently it sounded really pathetic and no one on my road even heard it go off.

Should I bother with a new one at 50 quid if it's quiet or is it possible to fit an alarm system that isn't MG 6 standard? If so what are the recommendations? 

Thanks in advance 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 4 days ago #26585 by Roewe
Replied by Roewe on topic MG 6 alarm
I have an aftermarket alarm on mine as well with also the factory alarm, its a 2-way car alarm unit where the remote vibrates and beeps when the alarm goes off, the remote can also open the doors when it’s hooked up right.. I got mine off eBay for about $100, a good auto electrician should be able to fit it in.

2 months 3 weeks ago #26602 by Franakapan_Dan
Replied by Franakapan_Dan on topic MG 6 alarm
Thanks, do you know what one it is, I'll have a search got it or something similar 

2 months 2 weeks ago #26611 by Roewe
Replied by Roewe on topic MG 6 alarm
I've used 2 different ones before, one was Code Alarm and the other one Steel Mate, both bought on ebay and worked fine, get one with 2-way as your remote control will beep and vibrate if someone breaks within a 2km range. I'm currently using Code Alarm on mine and I can open the doors with the remote and set off both the factory and code alarm together at the same time with a press of the button.

www.amazon.com/Code-Alarm-CATXMLC-Replac...83451663362263&psc=1

www.amazon.com/Steelmate-Control-Central...48&s=gateway&sr=8-17

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds
© 2019 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.