Sign In   Register

Diesel -Non Starter

1 month 1 week ago #26956 by Keir462672
Greetings all,
Has anyone got any ideas on this issue, i have exhausted all my ability
MG6 15plate Diesel running fine, lovely car. Towed our caravan up to Norfolk, left car for a few days withgout driving. Got in it to hitch it up ,moved it onto the caravan and all was well.........plugged in the electrics......car still happily tickling over .then just about to pull away it stopped.
Its just like someone turned it off. Now it will not start again..............checked all fuses that are listed and non seem blown , all have continuity. But the pump in the tank is not running and it looks like it MAY not have power(late at night check so i may be wrong).
Its almost like there is no fuel so rings true that the pump is not working.
So my question is does anyone know of any common issues/hidden fuses/problems...................

Car sounds like it wants to start but with no fuel it obs will not

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #26962 by Keir462672
Replied by Keir462672 on topic Diesel -Non Starter
An update...........
essentially no power to the fuel pump.
It looks like someone has messed with the ECU as the bolts are loose, but that could be cos you have to move it to do the filter.
So thinking on those lines , would a water sensor in a filter kill the ppower to a diesel pumpp ?

1 month 5 days ago #26976 by Keir462672
Replied by Keir462672 on topic Diesel -Non Starter
in case anyone is interested..................
so there was no fuel to the Rail.
Found out that several things it could be including a Cam Sensor , crank sensor, or Filter. Mg sell alot of sensors!
Anyway changed the easy cam sensor and it still would not start , but in hind site it may not have had any fuel if it had drained back.
BUT i changed the fuel filter , primed it, abit of easy start and bobs ya dads brother. So pprime susppect was a blocked filter despite it not looking or seeming blocked

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2020 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.